The Bitcoin Standard | Saifedean Ammous
The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking
Tags: Why is bitcoin valuable? How to buy bitcoin? Where to buy bitcoin? Is bitcoin a scam? What is the price of bitcoin? Is bitcoin a currency? Is bitcoin better than gold? What is bitcoin? How to spend bitcoin? Is bitcoin better than ethereum? Is bitcoin better than ripple? Is bitcoin better than litecoin? What is an altcoin?
- Bitcoin will stop government's ability to finance their operation through inflation and printing of more money. They will have to finance their operations through taxation and the people will hold them accountable.
- "The demand for Bitcoin stems from the need of individuals all over the world to carry out transactions that bypass political controls and to have an inflation-resistant store of value." P. 249
- Read the Reason Magazine review of The Bitcoin Standard HERE
- Read the Mises Institute post on the Cantillion Effect that describes the redistributive effect of money creation and how central banking creates inequality because the first ones to see the new money feel their incomes rise as the last one's to see it feel a loss of purchasing power HERE
- Read the Science News blog's story of the Rai stones used as currency on Yap island as Saifedean goes into in The Bitcoin Standard HERE
- Take the Mises Institute course on the Economics of Bitcoin HERE