Spring 2018 Cryptocurrency Update | Brian Harrington
Just finished reorganizing my cryptocurrency portfolio and wanted to jot down a clean update, I'll link to my older updates at the bottom:
Current Tools and Applications
Coinbase - Still the simplest and easiest way to purchase Bitcoin, Etherum, or Litecoin using USD and storing it in an online wallet.
Cash App - Quickly replacing my love for coinbase is my love for cash app which let's you buy Bitcoin at lower fees
Use my link on Cash App and you can also get $5 free of bitcoin when sending money to a friend HERE
Changelly - Easy way to transfer between different alt coins without going through the heaviness of a full exchange or to buy any coin from USD if you already have a wallet.
Exodus Wallet - Multiple currencies supported and an offline wallet that you download to your hard drive. They are also out of Nebraska which I find awesome.
Minergate - Simple way to try out mining of alt coins yourself using whatever power computer you have. Playing around with it helped me learn a lot about cryptocurrency.
Brave Browser - The Brave browser combined with the Basic Attention Token (BAT) is the first time that monetizing content using blockchain technology finally clicked for me.
Bitcoin (BTC) currently ranked #1 in market cap and 70% of my portfolio by USD value.
Ethereum (ETH) currently ranked #2 in market cap and 20% of my portfolio by USD value.
Litecoin (LTC) currently ranked #5 in market cap and 5% of my portfolio by USD value.
Monero (XMR) currently ranked #11 in market cap and 4% of my portfolio by USD value.
Basic Attention Token (BAT) currently ranked #59 in market cap and 1% of my portfolio by USD value.
Cash App - https://cash.me/app/DKLMCHH
Changelly - https://changelly.com/?ref_id=2ade318eb414
Minergate - https://minergate.com/a/204af03f0143f90cd3c10e02
Brave Browser - https://brave.com/bri414
Binance Exchange - https://www.binance.com/?ref=28397558
- It's annoying that fractional balances of coins remain leftover on the various exchanges that I've used. My OCD wants to go back and pick them up like pennies left on the ground but the fees are too high to transfer the balances.
Edit: BINANCE EXCHANGE FIXED THIS - Major cool move from the binance exchange to let users auto transfer all dust to BNB so then you can buy more coins with your dust, try them out HERE
- Potentially missed the boat on Bitcoin Cash (BCH) since I sold off my balance to Ethereum (ETH) after the hard fork.
- I actually also own a small balance of Skycoin (SKY) but the market cap is not currently high enough to make it worth writing about. The exchanges that support it are too obscure for me to transfer the balance to anything.
- Can't decide if I want to mention Bovada here or in the affiliate link section so I may do it twice, it's fun and simple to use. Just watch the transfer fees like everything else.
- The Changelly exchange is pretty cool. The only downside is purchasing straight from USD has higher minimum limits than coinbase. Exchanging between cryptos is nice on it.
- Lots has been written about Minergate across the crypto blogs and forums. I'm of the mindset that the simplicity and ease of use outweighs the limits that you have on your hashrate through the site. As soon as I find a better way to mine with the hardware I have I'll pass it along but for now enjoy getting a trickle of Monero through using the site.
Links to Past Cryptocurrency/Blockchain Posts
Or start smaller on cash app with $5 free and no minimum purchase HERE